Friday, 31 May 2019, the new dual track high-speed line between Copenhagen and Ringsted via Køge was officially opened. The new connection offers a better timetable with more departures, shorter travel times and fewer delays. The budget was DKK 11.4 billion. The line is designed to handle speeds of up to 250 km/h for passenger trains and is Denmark's first railway for high-speed trains.
Facts about the new line
- 60 km dual track railway.
- Electrification of the new line.
- Platforms at Ny Ellebjerg Station
- An additional track at Køge Station
- Track renovation at Ringsted Station
- A new station (Køge Nord).
- Preparations for a future connection to Lille Syd